Lay Eucharistic Minister and Eucharistic Visitor Training for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Sat, June 22, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Are you Deaf or hard-of-hearing Lay Episcopalian?
Are you hearing and know sign language?
Are you learning ASL?
In preparation for licensing by Bishop Dietsche, participants will:
- Learn about the Holy Eucharist
- Learn how to serve as a Eucharistic Minister (give people the wine chalice at Holy Communion) or Eucharistic Visitor (bring Holy Communion to sick people at home)
- Have hands-on experience in what it means to serve in these licensed lay ministries.
- Check-in will open at 9:30 a.m.
- Training will begin at 9:45 a.m.
- The day will end at 2 p.m.
TIME: Registration at 9:30-10:00 am
TRAINING (LEM): Starts at 10 am – 12 noon
LUNCH: Will be provided
TRAINING (LEV) From 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
(Please note that completion of Safe Church Training is a requirement prior to being licensed as a Lay Eucharistic Visitor.)
This training is free, but registration is essential.
Register BelowWe’re sorry, but registration for this event is now closed.